From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:35:35 -0500
From today's Wall Street Journal - an interesting take on email
disclaimers.  We (the listserve) have had a couple of discussions
about this topic in the past.  I've spoken with a few attorneys on
this topic.  Most agree that they are, for the most part, enforceable.

<snip>
When attorney Marc Reiner sends an email from his work account at a
Manhattan law firm, recipients get a host of admonishments.  The email
might contain "privileged, confidential and/or proprietary
information," they are told. If it landed in their inbox by error,
they are strictly prohibited from "any use, distribution, copying or
disclosure to another person." And in such case, "you should destroy
this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email."  Mr. Reiner
thinks the disclaimer—144 words in total—is, for the most part,
bluster.
<snip>

http://on.wsj.com/xCxA2D

Bruce White, CRM, PMP