From:
"Elizabeth W. Adkins, CRM, CA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2012 16:33:53 -0500
Please join ARMA NOVA for our February chapter meeting.  Our program theme
for this chapter season is “From Records Management to Information
Governance.”  We will be exploring how we as RIM professionals need to
expand our focus beyond records retention and disposition, to a full range of
lifecycle management governance strategies and processes.  Our speaker for
this meeting is Zach Wahl, Vice President of Strategic Solutions for Project
Performance Corporation.

In this session, Zach will discuss the keys to successful information
governance, detailing project, system, and content governance best practices
honed over the course of over 250 engagements around the world.  The
session will detail the Four Pillars of Successful Governance and the business
value they offer.  The session will leverage a number of case studies from
both the public and private sector and will provide examples of real ROI
offered by effective governance.

Through the course of the discussion you will:
1.  See examples of the value statements, roles and responsibilities, policies
and procedures, and communications plans critical to effective governance.
2.  Understand and hear examples of the benefits of governance and the
costs of failing to implement effective governance.
3.  Learn the best practices for designing a governance plan that works for
your users and your organization.

About our Speaker:
Zach Wahl is the Vice President for PPC’s Strategic Solutions Division. He has
worked with over 200 public and private organizations to successfully
implement portals, content management, collaboration, social computing, and
other information management systems. Mr. Wahl has developed his own
taxonomy design methodology, has authored a series of courses on knowledge
management, and is a frequent speaker and trainer on the subjects of
information governance, web strategy, and taxonomy design.

Logistics:

DATE:  Wednesday, February 15, 2012
TIME:
5:30 PM  Registration
6:00 PM  Dinner
7:00 PM  Program
PLACE:  Marco Polo Restaurant, 245 Maple Avenue, West Vienna, VA 22180
703.281.3922
PARKING:  Free at the restaurant
METRO:  Vienna Metro plus a five minute cab ride
COST:  $25.00 Member, $30.00 Non-Member
Register at www.armamar.org/nova