From:
John Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:46:10 -0500
Very true.

One other thing. Technology systems require a lot of TLC and support. Last
summer while traveling, as I put my laptop back into the case at an airport,
it slipped very slightly out of my hand while shutting down and slide slowly
to the carpet. When I got on the plane and attempted to re-start it said
"Hard Disk Not Exist." It was a goner. Dead hard disk. Hmmm... somehow I
remember dropping a paper document lightly to a carpet once in a while, but
still being able to read it when I picked it up!

Want to know what you are in for if you maintain your own equipment? I wrote
about it on an AIIM Blog:
http://www.aiim.org/community/blogs/expert/Hard-Disk-Not-Exist!-What-Happens
-Next

Because of these issues, as well as the airlines/airport electricity issues,
cramped space, and take-off/landing challenges, I still print a few
documents to read while in transit in planes, cabs, and trains.

John

John Phillips
Information Technology Decisions
www.infotechdecisions.net