From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2012 16:48:59 -0500
NARAtions » Finding FDR in the Brooklyn Navy Yard: An example of “One NARA”
at work.
During a long day of scanning glass plate negatives in the Digital Image
lab a fleeting image with an intriguing caption caught my eye during a
quality control inspection session. As hundreds of images depicting various
scenes of the Brooklyn Navy Yard whizzed by on a computer monitor I noticed
a scan with the caption: *Laying the Keel of U.S.S Battleship No. 39
Arrival of Asst. Scty [sic] F.D. Roosevelt, & Others.* (RG 181, Photographs
of the Construction and Repair of Buildings, Facilities, and Vessels at the
New York Navy Yard, compiled 1903 – 1920 ARC Identifier
6038115<http://arcweb.archives.gov/arc/action/ExternalDOSearch?searchExpression=6038115>)
I asked my colleague P.T. Corrigan to slow down the inspection process and
back up to try and find the image that had just passed by.

 http://bit.ly/wi8Dwy

Source:
http://blogs.archives.gov/online-public-access/?p=7527&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Narations+(NARAtions)&utm_content=Google+Reader<http://blogs.archives.gov/online-public-access/?p=7527&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Narations+%28NARAtions%29&utm_content=Google+Reader>
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/wi8Dwy+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
http://bitly.com/pages/sidebar

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va