From:
"Elizabeth W. Adkins, CRM, CA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2012 11:35:59 -0400
Please join the Northern Virginia Chatper of ARMA for our May chapter
meeting.  Our program theme for this chapter season is “From Records
Management to Information Governance.”  We will be exploring how we as RIM
professionals need to expand our focus beyond records retention and
disposition, to a full range of lifecycle management governance strategies and
processes.  Our speaker for this meeting is Elizabeth W. Adkins [full
disclosure ... that would be me!], who will talk about a RIM compliance
framework for electronic records.

Many RIM professionals struggle with transitioning from traditional paper
records management to the management of electronic records.  Where to
begin?  What if you don’t have the funds to implement a comprehensive
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) initiative?  Even if you do have an ECM
system in place, what about all the Electronically Stored Information (ESI)
that isn’t necessarily governed by an ECM system?

Through the course of the presentation and subsequent discussion you will:
1.  Understand why a RIM compliance framework is a good starting point for
any electronic records management initiative.
2.  Discuss the need to address five different information system types.
3.  Consider information governance requirements for temporary, work-in-
progress, final/approved, and convenience copy records.
4.  Review elements to be included and questions to ask during a RIM
compliance analysis of an information system.
5.  Consider the downsides and advantages of a RIM compliance framework.

About our Speaker:

Elizabeth W. Adkins is director of Global Information Management at CSC.  She
is an internationally recognized expert in information management, with more
than 25 years of experience leading programs in large, multinational
companies, including Ford Motor Company and Kraft Foods.  Adkins is a
Certified Archivist, Certified Records Manager, and a Fellow of the Society of
American Archivists (SAA).  She has served as treasurer and president of SAA,
as president of the Academy of Certified Archivists, and as a leader in ARMA
International.  She is currently Education Director of the Northern Virginia
chapter of ARMA.

Logistics:

DATE:  Wednesday, May 16, 2012

TIME:
5:30 PM  Registration
6:00 PM  Dinner
7:00 PM  Program

PLACE:  Marco Polo Restaurant, 245 Maple Avenue, West Vienna, VA 22180
703.281.3922
PARKING:  Free at the restaurant
METRO:  Vienna Metro plus a five minute cab ride
COST:  $25.00 Member, $30.00 Non-Member

Register at http://www.armamar.org/nova/programs/prog1205.htm