From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2012 20:02:11 -0700
Angie, the CGEIT and related body of knowledge from ISACA is somewhat different than how InfoGov is starting to be defined in various places (including ARMA). The IT controls are across a broader spectrum of IT and are more about IT business process than the information. That said, there is some overlap. I'm not convinced that what ARMA is doing necessarily makes sense, but I think we need to find a ground that addresses the information lifecycle from a control standpoint. In my mind, there is a gap in establishing a consistent body of control statements that speak to information lifecycle, along with the security and integrity controls that already exist. There is a melding that needs to take place.

I have the opportunity to attend a conference next week focused on InfoGov (albeit with a more legal / e-discovery focus). Debra Logan from Gartner and Randy Kahn are among the presenters. I'm very interested to see how these folks are defining the term. I'll have more thoughts when I get back. I think there is a good middle ground between the legal-centric and IT-centric spaces.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM, CIP, FAI

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier."
-- Colin Powell