From:
Julie Colgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:03:43 -0400
Nice point, Fred.  Agreed, disk isn't always perfect either.  I do have some clients who selectively back up to both disk and tape, but not all system backups - just those where the risk is too high to accept (email is one example).

The variety of backup strategies available to companies are many nowadays, and I think variety is generally good thing.  The trick is to figure out what mix works best for your specific organization, based on industry, lit profile, risk tolerance, etc.

Sent from my iPhone