From:
"Neale, William (Bill)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2012 14:04:10 -0400
Alex, while SharePoint 2010 has some records management functionality it
does not meet the basic requirements that are called out in DoD 5015.02.
SP itself is not certified against 5015.02, although there are
additional of MS Partner applications that are certified with SP as the
repository.  Some of the limitation for SP 2010 as a true records
management application can be found in a book published by ARMA
(www.arma.org) entitled "Managing Records in Microsoft (r) SharePoint
2010".

One key shortcoming (in my opinion) is that SharePoint 2010 causes the
creation date of content to change to the date it is moved to the
records library, losing a key piece of metadata needed to provide
evidence and proof.  I am told that one of the third-party application
for managing records in a SP environment solves this, but I do not know
if that is true since I have not seen it work.

Bill Neale
Records Management SME
Information Management Consultants
o 804-779-3528             c 804-647-0206
[log in to unmask]            www.imc.com