From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2013 15:34:32 -0500
call me old-fashioned but I always believed that the destruction of the
records was approved when the retention schedule was approved. The
destruction authorization process was put in place to make sure that
records needed for an audit or litigation were not inadvertently destroyed.
At one former employer we reversed the process. Instead of starting with
the business unit we started with the Tax people then went to Legal and
then the business unit. What the business you reviewed were those records
not subject to either a litigation or tax hold, as a result they were much
more likely to authorize destruction since they had no business need for
the records

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Dallas, Texas