From:
Steve Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2013 12:11:58 -0400
Fred, I was in the military when the Fed records center in St. Louis
burned.    There was a lot of speculation and discussion at that time among
the NCO's Sr. NCO's, and even some of the officers about the US Govt
wanting those veterans' records, and other records, destroyed.  There was
also discussion of getting rid of Viet Nam war records; there were a lot of
politicians lining their pockets on war profiteering.  The US government
has a history of not taking proper care of its veterans after the current
war is concluded.  Even as lately as Desert Storm veterans and the US fed
govt stonewalling and not admitting Iraq used chemical weapons.  (Our
official policy is to respond to chemical attacks with nuclear retaliation.)

This is not necessarily my commentary; just an eye opener of things I heard
when I was a young soldier.  I was in intelligence work while in the
service, and reported to the NSA.  Part of my duties were to read daily CIA
reports from the Asian bureau.  Over a period of time I came to have a
healthy distrust of the US federal government and agencies.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM