From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2013 13:17:03 -0700
We don't do this in the ERMS... only with paper source records.

We are in the process of establishing the process for the ERMS and it will
be similar, but with key differences:

Operating Groups will still be the owner of the information
RM will not be the custodian of the information
IT will be the custodian
RM will "pulse" the system monthly for destruction notices
RM will provide notification of the record series meeting retention to the
owners
Owners will acknowledge receipt and release for destruction
      (consideration being given here to how long they will be allowed to
respond)
RM will perform destruction
IT will delete records in next update cycle
IT will maintain metadata for 5 years after destruction
IT will then delete metadata

YES, there are a large volume of records.
YES it will be time consuming.
NO we don't know exactly how it will work.

Larry