From:
Janet French <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2014 09:03:43 -0700
Good morning!  As a first time poster, allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Janet French and  I am a Records Analyst at the Idaho Transportation Department.

I am currently taking a MOOC through coursera.org "Information Security and Risk Management in Context" taught by Professor Barbara Endicott-Popovsky.  We are half-way through the ten week class.  She also teaches the "Building an Information Risk Management Toolkit" class.

Pros:  She is an extremely informative and interesting instructor, has great guest lecturers from a variety of backgrounds, and provides a clear foundation and conceptual framework and reference materials for use on the job.  Time investment is reasonable and well worth it.  Weekly quizzes ensure you grasp the key points.  Required participation in discussion forums exposes you to some really interesting information from fellow class participants.

Cons:  Long reading assignments on-line.  They are informative and some are fascinating.  It just takes a lot longer to read them than if I had a hard copy.  No credit, certificate, or official confirmation that you took the class.

Conclusion:  I have learned a lot that will be of benefit both professionally and personally.  Definitely well worth it.  I highly recommend her class.

Janet French
Records Analyst
Idaho Transportation Department
208-334-8851