From:
Mike Intranuovo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2014 19:57:48 -0400
Hello,

I have been a member of the list for a few years, and have contributed
occasionally. I'll reintroduce myself. I'm Mike Intranuovo, and I am the
records manager at a public university in Ohio.

A few years ago, the university's registrar began creating born-digital
student academic records, which is has been great for enhanced access. I
would like to create computer output microfilm from the digital files for
preservation purposes, especially since we are required to keep these
records permanently and we have the equipment to do this rather easily.

I assume that many universities across the USA are creating electronic
academic records. My question is if microfilm is still being created to
preserve them. I'm having difficulty gaining support for this idea and I am
starting to wonder if I'm just being old-fashioned.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mike Intranuovo
Records Manager/Assistant University Archivist
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH