From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2016 15:35:39 -0400
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: White House would veto email blocking bill
Glen wrote:

Wait a minute. Shouldn't some of these just be a given.  Pretty sad that they have to pass measures to block these IMO.

______

Glen:

Many (probably most) federal agencies allow for deminimis personal use of IT resources.  Some would equate this to the allowable use of the office phone for personal (local) calls.

Any change to the work conditions for the multitudes that would be impacted, some would argue, should follow proper discussions. How many private organizations prohibit use of webmail or most of the internet  for those NOT on systems with extra security, such as you would find in an agency that deals with national security or similar situations.  Most agencies I know already block risky sites and others that do not comport with certain standards (say gambling for example).

I am not arguing that there should be allowances for porn or known risks.  In addition, users know that they have no expectation of privacy when using these resources, and monitoring and enforcement do occur.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM, IGP, CIP
Silver Spring MD
www.twitter.com/tchernik