From:
Gerard Nicol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:41:23 -0500
Norman,

I would have been surprised in EMC had said anything other than that.

In the IT industry we are pretty much immune to hype. You could confuse the
existence of hype as proof that it has some legitimacy, but it is just self
indulgent noise.

I would also disagree that the IT industry is full of risk takers. The fact
is that most IT people are too risk averse for their own good.

There is an unfortunate belief that ignoring all but the most blatant
problem is a good way to go so as to avoid the personal risk of making a
decision.

This is why customers stay loyal to ineffective supplies; not because they
deliver or will ever deliver, but because it is all too hard to change.

Gerard