From:
"Colgan, Julie J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 11:18:38 -0500
snip <This is long-overdue recognition of importance the role of Records
Management plays in the federal IT infrastructure.> snip

I agree, I just hope that they will look to hire seasoned RM
professionals rather than arm IT folks with marginal RM knowledge and
send them off half-cocked.

IMO (sorry John, couldn't resist!), the two professions come from two
entirely different perspectives, yet with complementary goals.  Those
foundational perspectives are often where we end up butting heads - not
on the outcome of any particular initiative.  As we've all said many
times over the years, the business needs/process must define technology
functionality, however there are still so many IT folks who just don't
see it that way.

(then again, maybe I'm just crabby because I can't seem to get my IT
folks to understand why it's a problem that they took our networked MFD
- oops, there I go again with an acronym! - on Wednesday and won't have
a replacement until Monday morning)

Happy Friday and Go Colts!

Julie