From:
Greg Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:38:22 -0500
Hi, everyone,

I'm enclosing information about our search for a new Director.  I'd be happy to answer questions you may have.

Greg

******************************
Gregory S. Hunter, Ph.D., CA, CRM
Professor
Long Island University, C.W. Post Campus
720 Northern Boulevard
Brookville, NY  11548
516-299-2171
516-299-4168 (fax)

Fellow, Society of American Archivists
Series Editor, The Archivist's and Records Manager's Bookshelf (Neal-Schuman Publishers)
******************************
Director Search, Palmer School of Library and Information Science
The Palmer School of Library and Information Science of Long Island University invites applications for the position of Director.  The Palmer School, located on the beautiful C.W. Post campus of Long Island University, with additional campuses in Manhattan, Suffolk and Westchester Counties, is seeking a unique library and information science professional to lead our diverse and growing program.
The Palmer School offers a fully ALA accredited Masters in Library and Information Science as well as a Doctor of Philosophy in Information Studies.  In addition, we offer advanced certificate programs at the graduate level in Archives and Records Management and Public Library Administration. The accredited MLIS in Library and Information Science program is also offered in Manhattan at New York University's Bobst Library on Washington Square, home of the Rare Books and Special Collections concentration and NYU/Palmer School dual degree program for Librarian Scholars.
Selected master's level courses are offered in Westchester County at the State University of New York in Purchase and at the Brentwood Campus of Long Island University on eastern Long Island.  As a vibrant partner with the C.W. Post School of Education and Department of Computer Science, the Palmer School is committed to providing distinctive programs of proven value to its students that will prepare them for interesting and fulfilling professional careers.
The successful candidate will provide dynamic leadership to an exceptional and diverse full time faculty, a remarkable administrative support team and some of the country’s most successful adjunct faculty.  The person selected for this position is expected to be energized by a collegial and creative environment and will thrive on initiating and contributing to a student centered environment.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualification. Long Island University has an outstanding fringe benefit package, including tuition remission for employee and dependents. Detailed information about the School can be obtained from the Palmer  office or the School’s website at http://www.palmer.cwpost.liu.edu/.
Send letter of application, a complete vita and the names of three references to:
Director Search Committee
Long Island University/C. W. Post Campus
720 Northern Boulevard
Brookville, N.Y.  11548-1300
Long Island University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.