From:
Jessica Fairchild <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:11:17 -0700

>  Ok, so it seems that my original post generated a lot of interest.  So
> far it appears that there are more folks who are in a similar situation as
> me than there are organizations that have implemented SP2010, including any
> records management functionality.

I want to thank all of you who have responded to my inquiry both in terms of
implementation and interest, and I look forward to our conversations both on
and offline.  At this point, a phone call is a more expeditious vehicle for
communication given my lack of expertise with this product, but I'm happy to
list some preliminary questions that come to mind if folks would prefer to
answer them on the listserv, such as:

1) Why did you choose SP2010?
2) What advice would you give to learn more about SP2010 (e.g., particular
books, courses, etc)?
3) What needs did SP2010 meet, not meet?
4) Did you create a plan for implementation, including policies?  Can you
share those plans or policies?
5) Did the organization take a standardized approach to setting up SP2010 -
in terms of file plan, business rules, etc - or were departments left on
their own?
6) Can the product really perform records management functions or do you
still need to have a backend?
7) What made your implementation successful?  unsuccessful?
8) What is the best aspect(s) of SP2010?
9) What is the worst aspect(s) of SP2010?
10) How involved were you with the implementation, setting up rules, working
with IT, etc.?
11) What do you wish you knew before you started?
12) Any lessons learned?
13) Any other thoughts?

I'm also happy to report any of my findings to the listserv or the yahoo
group Sharon mentioned as a result of any offline chats.

Warmly,

Jessica Fairchild
SDCRAA