From:
"Cunningham, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:00:35 -0500
There are too many dependent factors for salaries such as the
requirements for the position, candidate qualifications, experience and
education. I am finding fewer positions with salaries listed these days.
If you are a hiring manager I would indeed grab ARMA's recent salary
survey but if the position were to be one heavily involved with
electronic records I would also look at IT salary surveys. (Now where is
that content manager salary???)

I was interviewing candidates last night for a position and our group
asked each of them what salary they would be comfortable with. We found
that we saved our town about $8k that way. We did not take the low
candidate but we found our salary vision was much higher than the
candidates' expectation.

And Chris is right....Archivists are priceless.

Ray - in the Midwest seeking more money....

Raymond K. Cunningham, Jr. CRM, CA, CIPP/IT
Director of Records Services/Information Security Officer
University of Illinois Foundation
Harker Hall, MC-386
1305 West Green Street
Urbana, IL 61801