From:
Jamin Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:11:21 -0400
Hello,

My name is Jasmin Koo and I am a Master's student at the University of
Michigan's School of Information. I am assisting Professor David Wallace on
a Records Management course at UMSI and am sending this request on his
behalf as we are looking for datasets that can be used in class.

This work is in support of a NEH grant creating a virtual lab for graduate
archival, records management and preservation education. The records
management course is designed to expose students to the records management
aspects of SharePoint. An ideal dataset would include files that mirror
those typically generated in any active records environment, but free of
any rights issues that may hinder their usages in class.

The datasets that have been used in the past include the Enron Corpus and
emails of Justice Elena Kagan released in 2010. We are hoping to find
similar datasets with a bit more variety than emails in text format.

Thank you very much in advance and please do not hesitate to contact me if
I can provide any additional information.

Best regards,

Jamin (Jasmin) Koo
MSI candidate '13
School of Information