From:
sasha babin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2012 19:22:41 -0700
Everything may happened.
It had happened in my life  few times when I asked how it could happened -
first time it happened with "me" I was in the position when I discovered that accidentally was destroyed file related to people who worked with Lenin.
Of course, management started to ask questions - but file was destroyed, person who pulled out the files from the boxes according to destruction form was pregnant, file was only few pages, and she simply did not feel it when took files 1-4, instead 1-2, 4-.

So, what we can do - nothing, another meeting about importance to be detail oriented, and document explained that this file has been destroyed accidentally.

In case that led to this exchange of opinion - take example how one could deal with Breach of privacy issues -
to inform every one whom records were destroyed about accident and recommend that in case of something happened in the future - organization will answer all related questions,
In case org-on decides to re-create the records - the file about accidents and steps taken would be kept "forever" and every recreated file should have reference to it.
It is possible, that the records that describes the accident - Agenda - Minutes - By-Law - will be also kept "forever", with possible and it is better - listing of all accidentally destroyed files - what could be used about reason the copy of document is given from "copy" of original records and not from original.
 It is possible that you will probably put explanation what happened to original file in every new recreated file - what format and what you will include in this "memo" depends on your organizational culture and your business requirements ( to be short - if homebody's ID were destroyed or stolen, after reporting the case to police, one will get new IDs from all involved organizations)
Regards,

Alex Babin