From:
Diane Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2013 08:40:21 -0600
Julie - I totally agree with you.

I believe it is a Records Management collaboration concept on
steroids.  Information Governance is more than content management or
knowledge management - it is managing risks in concert with compliance
by identifying internal and external requirements, conducting risk
assessments, identifying and proactively applying policies for risk
mitigation, strategic planning, establishing the overall IG Program
with a specific change nanagement strategy, aligning legal, business
and technology with the IG framework and incorporating this (and much
more) into a functional process which is taking RIM to a whole new
level.

I do not believe IG is the latest buzz word.  IG is receiving
recognition from the C-Level folks.  OK - I have now taken the step
back down off of my proverbial soapbox.

Diane Walker

--
Diane Walker, CRM