From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:11:17 -0500
I would also approach the SHRM.  Targeting the C-level is great.  But
the HR folks are on the front lines in not only writing position
descriptions but also for recruiting for records management.

As some of you know one of my roles with the ICRM (in addition to
webmaster) is reviewing and approving job postings on the website.  I
have been approached a number of times by recruiters not only seeking
assistance in writing position postings but also seeking experienced
records managers.  Some of these are with large corporations.  I try
to help them out and direct them to the ARMA competencies when
appropriate.  Part of this includes educating what records managers
can bring to the table.

Unfortunately there is still confusion about what we do and where we
fit into an organization's picture.  And terms such as Knowledge
Management, Information Governance, etc tend to muddy the water in
their eyes.  I know of at least three positions that have been
re-posted a number of times because they are struggling with what the
records management field really entails and the benefits we as a
profession can provide to an organization.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Virginia Beach, VA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bblanco