From:
Charlie Sodano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 11:06:45 -0700
Hi David,

I thought it was cool too!

Charlie

Charlie Sodano, PhD
CEO eOrganizedWorld
Cell: (925) 231-5909
www.eorganizedworld.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of David Gaynon
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Information governance/data governance

I came across what I thought was a very clever short vendor advertisement.
I know nothing about the product but I thought the video was cool so I am
passing it on.  I am neither endorsing nor criticizing their product.

http://www.titus.com/Foundations_13/slay_the_beast.php?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9ws
RojsqTBZKXonjHpfsX66OkkUa%2Bg38431UFwdcjKPmjr1YYAS8V0aPyQAgobGp5I5FELSbbYRbZ
yt60MXA%3D%3D

They are apparently sponsoring a conference/user group/whatever on using
their product.  If you go to their website you can see that they describe
their offering as a "data governance" product.  This got me thinking about
information governance which is spoken of  more and more in this forum.  If
you look at the vendor's web  site you can see that their data governance
diagram will look familiar. See
http://www.titus.com/solutions/data-governance.php

Of course this particular vendor sees their governance product as something
to be sold to IT.  Other vendors in this same space are focusing on Legal.
Does this product provide basic records management functionality?  I don't
know.

I am posting this for three reasons.

1.        The advert was really cool and impressive

2.       I am curious if this particular vendor is monitoring places like
the records management list and if they will provide a comment either to the
list or myself off line.

3.       I think it serves as an example to understand potential business
partners strategy and business model as a part of the "courting" process.
It's also important to have the same understanding of own enterprise so we
understand how information governance adds value and how we align with a
potential business partner.

David B. Gaynon
Huntington Beach CA, USA

Contact [log in to unmask] for assistance To unsubscribe from
this list, click the below link. If not already present, place UNSUBSCRIBE
RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the message.