From:
Julie Colgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2013 10:21:19 -0400
Interesting.  This product is focusing on "classification" in the security sense (public/private), not in the overall governance sense (determining the legal, financial, regulatory, operational or historical value, and then deciding whether, for how long, how and where to store it).  They are tackling but one piece of the overall IG spectrum - security.  Granted, I didn't study their entire website, so if I missed something I'd be happy to hear more.  And that's not to devalue the need for security classification either.

The conference appears to be a Titus user-conference of sorts as the vast majority of the sessions I viewed all specifically discuss their product.

Of particular note for me, I see this company insists that security classification must be user-driven at the point of creation.  I agree with the point of creation bit ... however, I can only assume they have yet to learn the lessons many of us in the RM world have learned when it comes to expecting end users to classify much of anything in any consistent manner over any span of time.

I'm a fan of the video, though.  :)

Thanks for sharing, David.

Julie

**all comments are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer, or anyone else who isn't me

Sent from my iPad