From:
"Roach, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2013 17:52:28 +0000
>> if only so that someone would be around to say, "I told you so!"<<

I do not want to be part of any flame war or take sides in the discussion.  However, here is an interesting question I heard several years ago.

The question was from the now retired head of the USDA Great Plains Research Center in Mandan, ND and went something like this:

There is no doubt that global warming is occurring and that CO2 levels in the atmosphere are rising.  Over the last 40 or so years there has been a significant improvement in crop production.  Increases large enough to enable us to produce enough food to feed a rapidly increasing population.  At this point, we are unable to determine whether the increased production levels are because of advancements in genetics, improved farming practices or some other, as yet determined reason.  What is clear from the data is that the increase in production is in direct correlation to the increases of CO2 in the atmosphere.  If this is the case, what happens to farm output if we were successful in reducing CO2 levels?

Every time I hear the global warming discussion brought up I wonder about his question.

Bill Roach, CRM

Opinions are my own and not those of my employer or any other entity.

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.