From:
"Scott, Paul (ITC)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2014 14:30:41 +0000
Robert,

If one of your locations is in Texas--separate them.

Retention of juvenile medical records are one of the banes of my job. The various Texas statutes and rules addressing the issue have various retention periods and inconsistent event dates so we wind up keeping all of them decades longer than the adult charts.

Paul R. Scott, CA, CRM
Records Management Officer
Harris County, TX
713 274-7740

Under the Texas Public Information Act written communications to or from public employees may be considered to be public records and may be made available to the public and the media upon request.  This e-mail and any replies may be subject to public disclosure.