From:
Hilary Henkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 2015 21:17:48 -0700
I'm not familiar with Yammer specifically, but Larry brings up a good
point:  There are ZERO guarantees that Yammer will be around in one year,
or five, or ten.  We can all retell stories of data lost forever because a
private company decided to cease operation or change its direction without
warning.  Being hosted by a university holds far greater promise the
archives of this group will continue to exist.

Hilary Henkin
City of Los Angeles Records Management Dept.
Los Angeles City Clerk