From:
Frederic Grevin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2016 20:41:11 +0000
Larry Medina had several excellent suggestions for dealing with this problem. Assuming, of course, you actually ARE prepared to deal with it, as opposed to being in a State of Total Denial!

As Larry points out, there are sticky issues when you're dealing with information you don't want folks to see NOW.

So one way to deal with this is to put information -- NOT the passwords themselves -- in your will (you DO have a will, don't you?), explaining where the passwords are and how to get to them, for example, a notebook in a safety deposit box (I, personally, do NOT trust anything online). That allows you to update the passwords as needed, but limits access to them until you're gone.

And the one area where I disagree with Larry "There generally isn't a reason for family members to NOT have access to something like your AppleID"... No way, no how.

Good luck

Fred