From:
Kathryn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2016 15:06:42 -0700
On topic:  Can you imagine all 100,000 cars that are connected stalling out at the same time because someone hacked the system or someone started a software update at the wrong time??  Ha! Do you think people would actually get out and start walking?  Or would they sit there wondering what to do?

Off topic:  This will be my last post on the matter because I don't really enjoy engaging in conversations where one person inflames what the other says in an attempt to...do what really?

I said: <<...I'm a manager because my superiors believe my ideas for our RM department will be good for the county.>>

Your response: << I'm curious though, since you kind of fell into the job through no effort of your own, but simply as a result of your superiors thinking they just had to have you because your ideas are so fantastic, how many times did you have to turn them down before they made you an offer you couldn't refuse?>>

I worked really hard to get where I am, as have so many of us. So I can't let this one go.
My superiors liked the ideas I gave when I applied for and interviewed for the job vacancy left by my predecessor.  They knew of the work I'd done as the Records Clerk for the past 3 years and how I stepped up and took on many of the Records Manager's duties in the time between her leaving and when they got the open position posted (it took several months, we were restructuring elsewhere in IT so it got put on the back burner). I did not "fall" into anything through "no effort".

I would be offended by your comment but I know what I've done and my husband and the people who pay my salary recognize it and that's what matters.  I can't actually be offended that you, someone with no knowledge of me and what I do, thinks so little of me.

And the term "superior" is simply my preference over the word "boss", given that superior means higher in ranking (which, quite frankly, they are as the CIO and Deputy CIO) and boss implies that one person is just simply in charge of another. But again, just my personal preference.

Thank you!
Katy Johnson
Records and Information Manager
Jefferson County