From:
Dan Beard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2017 15:02:07 +0000
Teresa,

I am working on a policy with IT to not allow unauthorized IT applications of any kind and personal use applications for business. We are using the term "Shadow IT". Even if they open an account and use it just for business, the free applications come from the sharing world, and tend to be unsecure. Some chat services default to open (e.g. Slack) where I could do a web search and find your chat thread. One other application to consider is DropBox for Business. It is also affordable and HIPAA compliant. Please work very closely with your information security teams to put recommended applications through their paces and an Information Governance plan to manage the content.

Best regards,
Dan

Dan  Beard
Director, Information Governance
SourceAmerica
(o) (571)226-4653

Register for the 2017 SourceAmerica National Training and Achievement Conference - May 1-3 - New Orleans