From:
Luciana Duranti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2017 08:37:39 -0700
May 24th, 2017 - Ottawa, ON - On behalf of the Board of Directors of the
Association of Canadian Archivists (ACA), I am proud to announce the
appointment of Craig Noonan as our new Executive Director. Effective May
15th, 2017 Craig has replaced outgoing Executive Director, Duncan Grant, who
has retired from the Association after nearly 14 years of service.

We are very excited to have Craig join our team in this important leadership
capacity to lead the operations of the organization in the long term. Craig
comes to the ACA as a seasoned not-for-profit executive at the national
level, with a proven track record of fundraising, outreach and innovation.
He is highly experienced in strategic planning and in managing complex
projects and events, and has earned significant accolades in driving results
through partnerships and collaboration.

As a well-rounded, adaptable leader, he is equipped and driven to tackle
adversity, and is a natural anchor for his colleagues. His management
experience spans the full range of operational competencies. As a result of
his broad knowledge base, he understands how organizations function at a
complex level, and recognizes the resources at his disposal, enabling him to
develop effective strategies for success. Along with revitalizing
organizations through game-changing strategic thinking, Craig has shown to
be able to dramatically improve the health of a corporate culture and
workplace environment. His "person-first" approach allows him to create an
immediate bond with the members of his team, and he is proud to have
mentored and guided many to progress in their careers to senior leadership
roles both in and outside of not-for-profit sector.

Throughout his career, he has helped numerous organizations to grow through
advocacy, raising awareness and streamlining operations. Most recently,
Craig served as the CEO of the Canadian Deaf Sports Association until
relocating to Ottawa in late 2015.

"Based on the history of the organization and my conversations with the
Board, I knew that this new challenge would offer me the opportunity to use
my skills to make a significant impact and improve the quality of services
and support available within the archival profession across Canada" Craig
stated. "I am excited to lead the ACA through a period of strategic
planning, and to continue the growth which our organization has been poised
for in recent years."

On the personal side, Craig is a father of two children, 8 and 10 years old,
and he and his wife Kristin reside in the rural Ottawa suburb of North
Gower. "As an active family, we enjoy sports, community activities and
pretty well anything outdoors." Craig is also fluent in 3 languages;
English, French, and American Sign Language.

The Association of Canadian Archivists is very excited to welcome Craig to
the team! Please join us in extending your congratulations to Craig!

Craig's direct contact information is:
(613) 234-6977 ext. 302

Dr. Luciana Duranti
President I Association of Canadian Archivists/Association canadienne des
archivists (ACA)
Professor | Archival Studies
School of Library, Archival, and  Information Studies
The University of British Columbia | The Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
470-1961 East Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1
Phone 604 822 2587 | Fax 604 822 6006
[log in to unmask] | www.slais.ubc.ca |
Director I Centre for the International Study of Contemporary Records and
Archives
www.ciscra.org

This message is confidential to the parties I intend it to serve.