From:
Blake Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2017 15:45:59 -0700
Al Gamino wrote: I have a situation where the record owner is a little
ambiguous.  I am hoping some of you have the same situation and can offer
some input.

Here are the scenarios:

1.       Business creates a report for the GM, the GM signs, and presents
the report to the Board.

2.       Business creates a correspondence to send out to another party,
sends it to the GM for signature; the GM Office returns the correspondence
to the Business for distribution.

Who would be the record owner in each scenarios?  GM Office or Business?

~~~

In scenario 1, the report may become part of a BOD packet that may be
retained by the Corporate Secretary (Legal).  What is the purpose of the GM
signing the report.  What does the GM do with the report after it is
presented to the BOD? Has the "system of record been identified?  Need
additional information to provide an opinion.

In scenario 2, my opinion is that the business unit would be the office of
record.

Thanks

Blake E. Richardson, CRM