Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 09:28:26 -0500
I’m a small business owner myself, and I can attest to the burdens of big
regulation. As the president and CEO of Joseph’s Lite Cookies in Florida, I
run a family-owned sugar-free cookie business. We bake more than 12 million
sugar-free cookies a day, in addition to supplying other diabetic-friendly
products.

We’d bake even more if it wasn’t for excessive government compliance
burdens. I spend dozens of hours a year reviewing government documents and
consulting legal experts to figure out where to sign. One of the most
daunting hurdles facing my business, and many other job creators I’ve
encountered, is the complexity of document retention. Record retention
requirements issued by the Labor Department, Internal Revenue Service, and
other federal agencies place undue pressure on small business owners to
keep track of annual statements, contracts, licenses, permits, and tax
returns.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__washex.am_2r2lcsL&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=yNJzBmVIwRbPgfHE0AqL54s1Gp3iXDIMxr9OfKcO7Mo&s=f43ldD99Ypf1fi1AyVC0PDfsjKXwtanJUOS0042NDfA&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__washex.am_2r2lcsL-2B&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=yNJzBmVIwRbPgfHE0AqL54s1Gp3iXDIMxr9OfKcO7Mo&s=2N71Li55nt0LsRLvuMGPiGrGK4Iy5BRon9mnwq63wCE&e=

--
Peterk
Dallas, Tx