From:
"Susan D. Haigh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2017 17:30:11 -0400
Join the Puget Sound Chapter of ARMA International for our October 11, 2017
program, "Be a Superhero – Records, Technology and Risk" with speaker
Whitney Stevens.

6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
La Quinta Inn, 1425 E 27th St, Tacoma, WA 98421

Register online at http://pugetsoundarma.org/events-home/

Program Description:
Compliance with the Public Records Act and managing the ever growing hoard
of digital records can feel like a monumental task. However, it doesn’t have
to be. To tackle it successfully you need to shift your entire
organization’s thinking.

Whitney Stevens will discuss current technology tools available to most
agencies, the risks of ignoring the problem, and provide a starting
framework for you to build success in your team.

About our Speaker
After over a decade of local government experience, Whitney Stevens has
earned the nicknames “Swiss Army Knife” and “Local Government Encyclopedia”.
Whitney has served as the Public Records Officer for multiple agencies and
is a past president of the Washington Association of Public Records
Officers. Her credentials include:
    Certified Public Records Officer
    Certified Assistant Elections Administrator
    Certified in Public Participation: Crisis Communications

She is the founder of Ascender Consulting which strives to improve the world
of public records compliance in Washington State. Whitney has a habit of
climbing actual mountains, so public records work has never seemed too
impossible.

The Puget Sound Chapter of ARMA International meets regularly in Olympia and
Tacoma, Washington, and our members hail from around the region. Learn more
about our chapter and see a list of upcoming events at
http://pugetsoundarma.org/