From:
Maarja Krusten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2018 08:43:12 -0400
Posted this morning at AOTUS Blog by David S. Ferrerio, "National Archives Updates
Progress on ICE Records Disposition."

Excellent update and explanation of records scheduling.  There's been some confusion out
there about Federal records management and records control schedules among some non-
practitioners, as reflected in some random tweets I've seen off and on since last autumn.
This is an oportunity for the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) to update
the public but also to provide context for records scheduling in the Federal government.
Good to see an update used this way with clear context.  Several key points in David's blog
post, two of which I've extracted as quotes below.

"NARA staff have been reviewing these comments and working with ICE to address them
and revise the schedule accordingly. In addition, the Archivist of the United States has
directed NARA subject matter experts to conduct a comprehensive review of all ICE
schedules that relate to deaths and assaults of detainees in ICE facilities.

After the public comments have been assessed and the comprehensive review is complete,
NARA will require ICE to make all changes to the proposed schedule. Our plan is to publish a
public notice via the Federal Register responding to all comments. We will make all
reasonable efforts to notify interested individuals, such as media outlets that previously
contacted us, the ACLU, and commenters who directly provided substantive comments."

https://aotus.blogs.archives.gov/2018/06/27/national-archives-updates-progress-on-ice-
records-disposition/

Maarja
Washington, DC