From:
"David Kay, MLS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2010 08:41:00 -0400
But what about someone sitting at your desk in 2 months or 2 years?  Today a
records creator creates a document for boss, sends email with attached .doc
electronic record, boss reads email, downloads and opens attachment, boss
approves attachment, converts it to PDF and emails to President to read on
iPhone which doesn't read Word docs.

With the lifecycle (creation, use, disposition) RM model, each "evidence of
transaction" would be a record, but do we risk managing too many redundant
records if we're not careful?  In other words, when in the "lifecycle" do we
account for conversion to PDF (or some compressed) format for short-term
access by different departments for different purposes, and does policy
recognize and stipulate this difference?

David Kay, MLS