From:
Jeffrey Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 18:31:55 -0500
Hello Everyone,

Several of my colleagues can vouch for the efforts of FBI Special Agent
Bob Wittman.  The details are listed in the announcement below.

Best wishes, Jeff

Jeffrey E. Carter
Records Management Officer
& Institutional Records Archivist
US Holocaust Memorial Museum
202-314-0339

FBI Stings: Recovering Stolen History

Premieres:
Saturday, December 10 @ 8pm ET/PT on The History Channel

Preserving our cultural history sometimes means putting one's life on the
line. In this dramatic special, we bring to life some of the most
remarkable sting operations by a daring special agent in the FBI's
Philadelphia division who has, almost single-handedly, recovered a
treasure trove of stolen historic and cultural objects worth millions of
dollars. Combining archival material, interviews with law enforcement
officials and criminals, and reenactments, we tackle three of the most
remarkable cases spearheaded by FBI Special Agent Bob Wittman (seen only
in silhouette)--perhaps the most successful FBI agent in history in
recovering lost and stolen objects. Time and again, he risked his life by
posing as an art broker or dealer in an array of successful stings. We
introduce the FBI's Art Crimes Unit and reenact Wittman's successful
efforts to crack three of his most dramatic cases.