Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2018 21:21:47 -0500
Debate: Review of Government FOI Handling and Record Keeping

June 20, 2018 14:40

Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes 59 seconds

That the Parliament notes the concerns raised on Scottish Government
transparency in the intervention report from the Scottish Information
Commissioner; notes the key findings that the Scottish Government's FoI
policies and procedures are not clear enough regarding the role of special
advisers in responding to FoI requests; believes that the Scottish
Government takes longer to respond to journalists' FoI requests than other
requests; considers that a number of areas have been highlighted for
action, including clearance procedures, quality assurance of FoI responses,
training, case handling and case records management, monitoring FoI
requests and review procedures, and calls for an independent review of both
FoI handling and the recording of information from meetings.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2yG276S&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=zxjeRXF3-v0o9j-YGs9Bx5oVfWZFxhSoPPeT5ZlhLyE&s=XtY_qYwjhItOFVdGLkUnPe7_lMnxYay3pb6HxEJDiAQ&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2yG276S-2B&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=zxjeRXF3-v0o9j-YGs9Bx5oVfWZFxhSoPPeT5ZlhLyE&s=ZP-fSyap_wCsFqZ51Kr6p80E5a8lBZOSCUiyUTspaXk&e=

--
Peterk
Dallas, Tx