Date:
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:31:29 EDT
For those of you planning to attend the annual conference, I urge you to
attend the association general meeting on Sunday, September 18 from
8:30-10:00AM. I know it is early, there are other meetings and it really isn't  enough
time to address the issues of the association. But it is important if you  are
interested in where our profession is going and the issues involved. We have
had a dismal response to elections and part of that may be due a communications
gap between national HQ and individual members.

The following  documents are on the ARMA web site and each has a  significant
bearing on the operations of our organization. The volume may   be a
discouraging assignment, but you owe to yourself as a records  management professional
to be aware of what goes on with your representative  organization.

1.The Executive director's report on the State of the  Association
2.The Beacon Marketing Consulting Report
3.The Board Meeting Minutes, Spring 2005
4.The 2004-6 Proposed Budget
5.The Member Value and Volunteerism Surveys
6.The 2004-05 Operating Plan
7. The Radar Screen

A lot of reading? You bet! But they do raise a lot of questions for the
general meeting. Two months before the conference but it does allow at least a
cursory review of them. It may very well result in a meaningful exchange of
thoughts before that time.So don't hesitate to start a dialogue.We might even
get some of the candidates for office to chime in or you can get question ready
for their conference question period. This is our ARMA 50th Anniversary.
Let's  have a record attendance at the general business meeting to set the
direction  for the future. More importantly, let's start talking about what's going
on.

Bill Benedon