From:
John Milligan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 2015 04:33:47 -0700
“Information Governance In a Brave New Digital World” – Join the Fun and the Learning!! 17th Annual ARMA Metro Maryland 4/22/15 Spring Seminar

******* 5.0 CRM/CMP CREDITS AVAILABLE ********

Registration/sponsorship details at:  http://www.arma-metromd.org/17th-annual-arma-metro-maryland-spring-seminar-information-governance-in-a-brave-new-digital-world/

New and powerful technologies are changing the way we communicate, conduct business, and record our history. We are rapidly progressing beyond more than just a paper to electronic transition into a more visual, multimedia world of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, to reach out to our customers, colleagues, customers, and community. As a result, the Records and Information Management profession is experiencing a major transformation from traditional records management to a broader paradigm of comprehensive governance of all organizational information and content. The ARMA Metropolitan Maryland Chapter is embracing this new world with our program theme this year, “Managing the Winds of Change.”

Carrying out this theme, we are exploring “Information Governance in a Brave New Digital World” in our 17th Annual Spring Seminar on April 22, 2015, at the Universities at Shady Grove in Rockville MD.  Join us for a day of presentations, discussions and networking where we will explore the challenges of establishing comprehensive information governance over digital records, learn about issues surrounding ownership and access to information, and discuss solutions for analyzing and preserving record content.

Our program will explore Information Governance in today’s digital world and the electronic records and information issues and challenges that are driving dramatic changes in the ways we deliver, consume, manage, protect, preserve, and archive our organizations’ content, records and emails. Hear about the principles and rules that guide “Confidentiality, Access and Use of Electronic Records,” and how to “Combine Information Governance Theory with Practice.”

Our prestigious program lineup includes presentations from:

•	Lisa Welchman – President of Digital Governance Solutions at ActiveStandards, and author of “Managing Chaos: Digital Governance by Design” (Rosenfeld Media, February 2015)

•	Ken Withers and Judge Ron Hedges - The Sedona Conference

•	James Willson-Quayle – Department of the Navy

LOCATION, TIME AND REGISTRATION DETAILS:
Location:
Universities at Shady Grove, Building 2, Room II-1422, Germantown Section
9630 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville, Maryland 20850

Time:
Registration begins at 8:00 am.
Program begins at 8:45 am and will conclude at 4:00 pm.

Regular Registration:
$75 for ARMA Members
$90 for non-ARMA Members
Special rate for students – contact Carol Agayoff at [log in to unmask]

Late Registration (after April 20): Non-ARMA rate; Walk-ins Admitted
For more information about our chapter, visit http://www.arma-metromd.org/, email [log in to unmask], or contact Deborah Armentrout, CRM, Chapter President, at:

Don’t miss this special event!

COME ONE!!  COME ALL!!

SIGN UP TODAY!!

Registration cost includes continental breakfast, lunch, and refreshments at morning and afternoon breaks. http://www.eventbrite.com/e/17th-annual-arma-metro-maryland-spring-seminar-information-governance-in-a-brave-new-digital-world-tickets-15851601567?aff=erelexporg

Thanks to our Seminar Sponsors:

Cobalt: Zimmerman Associates, Inc. - http://www.zai-inc.com; Gimmal - http://www.gimmal.com; Millican and Associates - http://www.millican-assoc.com
Platinum: NetSmith - http://www.netsmithusa.com/; Gen3i - http://www.gen3i.com/