From:
John Milligan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Milligan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2014 12:38:16 -0800

“Cloudy with a Chance of Records – Forecasts for Successful Information Governance”

16th Annual ARMA Metro Maryland Spring Seminar
Save the Date Notice!!

Wednesday, April 9, 2014
The Universities at Shady Grove
Rockville, MD

More and
more organizations, large and small, government and private, are turning to the
cloud for their records and information management solutions. Cloud-based
services offer flexibility, efficiency and cost savings for email management,
business systems, enterprise content and records management.

Have cloud
solutions become the one and only answer for all our RIM requirements? How do
we know exactly what type of services we need and whether they are the right
ones for our program? Can we successfully incorporate our recordkeeping
requirements into these solutions? In the popular children’s story, a fictional
town’s idyllic weather unexpectedly and inexplicably takes a turn for the worse
and starts devastating the community. Similarly, well-intentioned cloud
initiatives can suddenly get out of control and jeopardize the goal of improved
information governance.

Join us at
the ARMA Metropolitan Maryland Chapter’s Annual Spring seminar on April 9, 2014, for a day of presentations, discussions and
networking, where we will learn about cloud services for records
management and storage, examine various cloud initiatives and hear from the
experts about how to ensure successful cloud implementations. Learn what makes
them successful, planned and unplanned challenges, and what precautions can be
taken and pitfalls to avoid to avert disaster.

Our program
line up so far includes keynote presentations from Allison Stanton - US
Department of Justice and Jason R. Baron, Esq. – Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP;
Mark Patrick – US Department of Defense Joint Staff; and a panel of practitioners
and implementers from NARA, Alfresco, Gimmal, UBIC, and RedHat/Symantec.  Final program will be announced pending
confirmation of all speakers.
Registration opening soon –
Watch for updates!!

If interested in sponsorship for this event, please see
information on sponsorship or contact John Milligan at 202-557-6703or [log in to unmask]

Location, Time, and Registration Details

Location
Universities at Shady Grove, Building III, Room 3241, Crockett Theatre
9630 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville, Maryland

Regular Registration:
$35 for Students
$75 for ARMA Members
$90 for non-ARMA Members

Late Registration (after April 7):Non-ARMA rate; Walk-ins Admitted

To register go to:  Eventbrite site opening soon

For general information, contact Carol Agayoff, CRM, Chapter President, at 301-216-0877or email [log in to unmask]

******* CRM/CPM CREDITS AVAILABLE (PENDING)  ********

More details will be announced as plans are finalized.

Exhibit/Sponsorship Opportunities

Several seminar sponsorship levels are available:

Cobalt Level $500 (only 2 available - first come, first served)
Includes booth, one attendee, Ten Vendor of the Year points awarded, and advertising (web site logo/link on the seminar page as well as the home page, email mention, poster at the site of the morning/afternoon break, company logo in seminar handout).

Platinum Level $250 (only 12 available)
Includes booth, one attendee, Five Vendor of the Year points awarded, and all seminar advertising (web site logo/link, email mention, poster, company logo in seminar handout).

Gold Level $150 (Unlimited number available)
Includes all seminar advertising (web site logo/link, email mention, poster, company logo in seminar handout), and Three Vendor of the Year points awarded.