From:
Gordy Hoke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gordy Hoke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2010 09:50:44 -0500
When considering periodic migration of files to avoid tech obsolescence, I have had to ask:
How confident am I that the people who sit at my desk in 10, 20, 30 years will have the interest, expertise, resources, governance, staff time, and budget to accomplish renewal of electronic records?  And what is the value of the metadat that will be lost in those conversions?
In general, I am not willing to oblige successive generations to records maintenance if a minimum-maintenance storage option is currently available.

Gordy Hoke
Gordon E.J. Hoke, CRM
http://PositivelyRIM.blogspot.com