Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2018 15:34:53 +0000
From:
Pilar McAdam <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Interesting question, Bill.  I would first want to talk with the record storage vendor's management to learn their strategy for addressing this.  My company's records would not be the only ones affected (assuming multiple clients have records in the facility).  I would assume the vendor is very concerned about the situation, as well.  Depending on whether the vendor facility provides access to clients, as well to potential clients during sales meetings, they could be facing reduced sales and/or loss of clients, so would presumably make plans to deal with these risks.  The vendor's approach would certainly impact my decision on whether to pull records from the facility (if I felt the vendor was not adequately addressing the issues) or continue with my company's relationship with them (if I was satisfied with how the vendor was dealing with it).

As always, this is just one woman's opinion.

Pilar C. McAdam, CRM
Los Angeles, CA