From:
Maarja Krusten 2 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 09:09:24 -0500
From yesterday, February 6, 2018, sharing a good blog post by AOTUS David
S. Ferriero, "National Archives Does Not Tolerate Harassment."

David writes: "An article recently appeared in the media about allegations
of serious sexual harassment by former Archivist of the United States Allen
Weinstein. Weinstein served as the 9th Archivist of the United States from
2005 to 2008.

Shortly after becoming the 10th Archivist of the United States in 2009, I
learned of the allegations against Weinstein, and I was deeply disturbed by
them. Everyone deserves to work in an environment that is courteous,
respectful, and free from harassing behaviors. That my predecessor could
have used this office to mistreat members of the National Archives family
leaves me angry, and shaped much of the agency’s ensuing approach to
harassment."

See link to AOTUS blog to read a summary of events and what David has asked
the NARA Office of Inspector General and the FBI to do regarding pertinent
records.
 https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__aotus&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=YAqHQUEc7bGHTRYd8HzqSCjAsMrnXYPq400pNWgriy8&s=1794jcOXF1p9sLg37cFYdpBZz24cXJhiaqzLCZbl2nQ&e=
.blogs.archives.gov/2018/02/06/national-archives-does-not-tolerate-harassment/

Sharing this as of general interest and especially for those of you who
work with FOIA and Privacy Act issues and/or with investigative and law
enforcement sensitive records.

Note:  as a former NARA employee, Federal retiree, and a current NARA
Volunteer, who participates in some of its training for civil service
staff, contractors, and volunteers at the agency, I am familiar with the
policies and procedures now in place and strongly support the
anti-harassment vision of the Archivist and the NARA team and its
implementation.

Maarja
Washington, DC
@ArchivesMaarja
Blog:  Archival Explorations
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__archivalexplorations.wordpress.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=YAqHQUEc7bGHTRYd8HzqSCjAsMrnXYPq400pNWgriy8&s=okALHaKC2VGRonASSQmPdIRwqVwQ3oMNvZ6R1i5-U5E&e=