Many executive branch agencies have significant backlogs of Freedom of
Information Act requests that could be reduced by adopting procedural
improvements. And some agencies have made such improvements, a new report
from the Government Accountability Office says. Yet substantial backlogs
remain.

See *Freedom of Information Act: Agencies Are Implementing Requirements but
Additional Actions Are Needed*, GAO-18-365, June 25.

All of the agencies reviewed had “implemented request tracking systems, and
provided training to FOIA personnel.” Most of the agencies had also
“provided online access to government information, such as frequently
requested records…, designated chief FOIA officers, and… updated their FOIA
regulations on time to inform the public of their operations.”

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2tQnei3&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=l2alqnG1AekEgc2gJAlXiIb16m_t-PJic5ZdxEecfcE&s=FPnDW09lv0N44THmtUfBGbH4-2LCZ08gi8ANdjpKuC0&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2tQnei3-2B&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=l2alqnG1AekEgc2gJAlXiIb16m_t-PJic5ZdxEecfcE&s=CbhcJLVlesvZ8mcqSLqwRk3J8tdg2yAWLVije7v2qWA&e=

--
Peterk
Dallas, Tx