The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) responded to SAA's June 22 statement on presidential records.  SAA included it as an update to its original statement. See "Update received from NARA on June 25" below the original SAA statement,
https://www2.archivists.org/news/2018/saa-statement-on-presidential-records
or short link
https://bit.ly/2zIErzi.  Please note NARA's link in its response to SAA to its FOIA electronic reading room materials on these issues.  NARA's June 25 response aligns with what I have said about Presidential Records Act (PRA) authorities and NARA actions here and on other Listservs now and in the past.  I am happy to let NARA speak for me on all PRA and Federal Records Act issues.  As with issues in the news in 2015-2016 with State Department records, NARA's public platforms are a good place to check laws, guidance materials, and released correspondence.  Records and archives issues often are muddled in third party commentary and news links shared outside NARA on Twitter, as I've noted.  Fortunately, NARA has a robust web presence and I recommend it for research, not just in its holdings, but on Fedland records guidance and operational issues, as well.

Maarja
Washington, DC
@ArchivesMaarja
Blog:  Archival Explorations