From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:46:41 -0800
Look at your local Postal Carrier or Postal Window Clerk for examples of
this. Both have high customer contact but must work in often, dirty,
inhospitable conditions. While wearing a uniform, in theory, provides
for a professional appearance -- individual body types and personal care
of appearance often have more to do with the actual presentation. I
worked at a carrier station and I swear, this one carrier must have
balled up his uniform every night and stuck it under his mattress and
pulled it out and threw it on the next morning. On the other hand, even
though always neatly pressed, I never looked good in those shorts!

Nolene Sherman
Records Manager - CJ Segerstrom & Sons

Subject: Re: Dress code query

Another option that hasn't been mentioned is providing uniforms,
particularly if there is a conflict between the look of the clothes, and
the predilection of those clothes to get damaged in the course of the
job.