From:
Sue Myburgh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:35:02 +0930
Jesse
I was recently looking for a certification program with regard to the
Standard implementation, and the only thing I could find was the Irish
effort.  There appears to be some confusion with regard to ISO 15489 and
certification.  Apart from the NSAI, there does not appear to be any
specific certifying authority.  However, as ISO 15489 is closely related
to ISO 9001:2000, certification does appear to be a possibility.  An
enterprise can be certified by ISO registrars, and part of the
certification process appears to be adherence to and compliance with ISO
15489, as records are seen as an integral part of this quality standard,
as well as being used to indicate the maintenance of quality in other
areas of the enterprise.

You might be interested to know (if you do not already!) that there are
a number of certification bodies who can be approached in order to
receive ISO recognition and accreditation.  See
http://www.iso.org/iso/en/info/ISODirectory/countries.html and
http://www.iso.org/iso/en/info/ISODirectory/multi.html However, it is
not clear whether any of these have performed certification anywhere for
ISO 15489.  I suppose the way to go would be for enterprises of all
kinds to approach their local appropriate certification agent and take
it from there.
Hope this helps
All the best
Sue