From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:32:21 -0700
> is there a particular resource or reference book you use
> regularly when researching records retention issues or getting information
> on legal issues? If you use some outstanding resource, please let me know.

  For retention, a good starting point is
http://www.archives.gov/records_management/ardor/
which is the index site for the National Archives General Records Schedules.
These are Federal requirements, but many make good sense for business in
general as well.
 For legal issues, I rely a lot on the Cornell Law Library site
http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/library/encyclopedia/ and the Code of
Federal Regualtions
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&tpl=%2Findex.tpl along
with the use of search engines to find text form various states.
 Larry